CompTIA A+ (Plus) – The Global Industry Standard Certificate for establishing a career in IT.
This course is the basic certification to obtain if you want to pursue a career in IT. It is suitable for individuals with or without IT experience. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today’s digital world as it prepares technicians to troubleshoot problems with everything from networks, to mobile devices, to operating systems.
CompTIA A+ certified professionals are proven problem solvers with good understanding of hardware and software technologies, as well as the skills needed to support complex IT infrastructures. They support today’s core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more.
Benefits of Attaining the A+ Certificate
- It is the only credential with performance-based items to prove professional can think on their feet to perform critical IT support tasks in the moment
- Certificate is Trusted by Employers around the world to identify the go-to person in end point management & technical support roles
- Regularly re-invented by IT experts to ensure that it validates core skills and abilities demanded in the workplace.
- Hardware – Identifying, using, and connecting hardware components and devices
- Networking – Explain types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI and SOHO
- Mobile Devices – Install & configure laptops and other mobile devices
- Operating Systems – Install and support Windows OS including command line & client support. Understand Mac OS, Linux and mobile OS
- Hardware & Network Troubleshooting – Troubleshoot device and network issues
- Virtualization & Cloud Computing – Compare & contrast cloud computing concepts &set up client-side virtualization
- Software Troubleshooting – Troubleshoot PC and mobile device issues including application security support
- Security – Identify and protect against security vulnerabilities for devices and their network connections
- Operational Procedures – Follow best practices for safety, environmental impacts, and communication and professionalism
The CompTIA A+ Core Series requires delegates to pass two exams: Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002) covering the following new content:
- Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals
- Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
- Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
- Support basic IT infrastructure and networking
- Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
- Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices
Jobs that use A+ Certificate:
- Service Desk Analyst
- Help Desk Technician
- Technical Support Specialist
- Field Service Technician
- Associate Network Engineer
- Data Support Technician
- Desktop Support Administrator
- End User Computing Technician
- System Support Specialist
- Exam Codes (CompTIA A+ 220-1001 (Core 1) and 220-1002 (Core 2) – Candidates must complete both 1001 and 1002 to earn certification. Exams cannot be combined across the series.
- International Certificate – International CompTIA A+ Certificate
- Provided by: CompTIA
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Advanced Computer Literacy
- Ability to read and write in English
- Grade 10 or Higher
- Training Fee – R7 300 (Excl. VAT)
- CompTIA Labs
- CertMaster Practice (Exam Practice)
- Exam Fee (220-1001 + 220-1002) – R1 730 (Excl. VAT) – Exam Voucher is valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
- This is a browser-based virtual lab environment where you experience hands on training by jumping into the role of an administrator, completing basic to advanced tasks and quickly understand the impact of the system changes you make.
- CompTIA Labs addresses the practical aspects of the CompTIA A+ exam objectives and complements prior training through access to real equipment and software environments.
CertMaster Learn for A+
- Ensure you are 100% ready on test day with comprehensive online training for A+.
- CertMaster Learn is interactive and self-paced, and combines instructional lessons with assessments, videos, and performance-based questions to help you prepare for your certification exam and career in IT.