CompTIA Security+ (Plus) is a global certification that validates the baseline skills you need to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
CompTIA Security+ is the first security certification IT professionals should earn that is globally trusted to authenticate foundation, vendor-neutral IT security knowledge and skills. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. The course focuses on the latest trends and techniques in Risk Management, Risk Mitigation, Threat Management and Intrusion Detection.
Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on troubleshooting to ensure security professionals have practical security problem-solving skills for network security and risk management. Cybersecurity professionals with Security+ know how to address security incidents – not just identify them.
Security+ professionals have the ability to:
- Identify fundamental components of information security
- Analyse risk
- Identify information security threats
- Conduct security assessments to detect vulnerabilities
- Implement security for software and networks
- Manage identity and access
- Implement cryptographic solutions
- Implement operational level security
- Address security incidents
- Ensure business continuity in the event of an incident
- Threats, Attacks & Vulnerabilities – Detect various types of compromise and have an understanding of penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts.
- Technologies & Tools – Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organizational security.
- Architecture & Design – Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design
- Identity & Access Management – Install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls.
- Risk Management – Implement and summarize risk management best practices and the business impact.
- Cryptography & PKI – Install and configure wireless security settings and implement public key infrastructure.
Jobs that use Security+ Certificate:
- Systems Administrator
- Security Administrator
- Security Specialist
- Security Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Junior IT Auditor/ Penetration Tester
- Security Consultant
- Delegates must pass the Security + SY0-501 Exam.
- NB: New CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) exam launching in November 2020!
- International Certificate – International CompTIA Security+ Certificate
- Provided by: CompTIA
Minimum Entry Requirements
- CompTIA A+ & CompTIA Network+ certification or;
- Have at least 2 years of IT administration and networking experience
- Ability to read and write in English
- Training Fee – R6 630 (Excl. VAT)
- CompTIA Labs
- CertMaster Practice (Exam Practice)
- Exam Fee (SY0-501) – R2 690 (Excl. VAT) – Exam Voucher is valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
- CompTIA Labs for Security+ provides learners with the necessary platform to gain critical hands-on skills and develop a deeper understanding of the subject matter to prepare for your CompTIA Security+ Certification.
- CompTIA Labs allows you to address the practical aspects of Security+ exam objectives and complement prior training through access to real equipment and software environments.
CertMaster Learn for Security+
- Ensure you are 100% ready on test day with comprehensive online training for Security+.
- CertMaster Learn is interactive and self-paced, and combines instructional lessons with assessments, videos, and performance-based questions to help you prepare for your certification exam and career in IT.