CompTIA Server+ (Plus) ensures delegates have the skills to work in data centres or cloud environments.
CompTIA Server+ certified candidates can work in any environment because it is the only vendor-neutral certification covering the major server platforms. It is the only industry certification that covers the latest server technologies including virtualization, security and network-attached storage.
Server+ certification is a standard of competency for mid- to upper-level technicians responsible for server hardware functionality. The Server+ certification validates advanced-level technical competency of server issues and technology, including installation, configuration, upgrading, maintenance, troubleshooting and disaster recovery.
CompTIA Server+ certification authenticates the skills necessary to be a server administrator. Successful candidates will have mastered the following concepts:
Server+ professionals have the ability to:
- Manage server hardware
- Install server hardware and operating systems
- Configure networking hardware and protocols
- Create virtual server environments
- Perform basic server configuration tasks
- Administer servers
- Implement server storage solutions
- Secure servers
- Plan and test disaster recovery
- Troubleshoot server issues
- Server Architecture – Understand, configure and support server components.
- Server Administrations – Manage and maintain servers, including OS configuration, access control and virtualization.
- Storage – Support storage devices technologies, including capacity and growth planning.
- Security – Apply physical and network data security techniques.
- Networking – Configure systems for network connectivity, including physical and logical elements.
- Disaster Recovery – Understand disaster recovery and implement backup techniques.
- Troubleshooting – Diagnose and resolve system hardware, software, connectivity, storage and security issues
Jobs that use Server+ Certificate:
- Server Support Technician
- Server Administrator
- IT/Server Technician
- Storage Administrator
- Delegates must pass the Server + SK0-004 Exam.
- International Certificate – International CompTIA Server+ Certificate
- Provided by: CompTIA
Minimum Entry Requirements
- CompTIA A+ Certification or;
- 18 – 24 Months IT experience
- Ability to read and write in English
- Training Fee – R6 630 (Excl. VAT)
- CompTIA Labs
- CertMaster Practice (Exam Practice)
- Exam Fee (SY0-501) – R2 520 (Excl. VAT) – Exam Voucher is valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
- CompTIA Labs for Server+ provides learners with the necessary platform to gain critical hands-on skills and develop a deeper understanding of the subject matter to prepare for your CompTIA Server+ Certification.
- CompTIA Labs allows you to address the practical aspects of Server+ exam objectives and complement prior training through access to real equipment and software environments.
CertMaster Learn for Server+
- CertMaster Practice is a knowledge assessment and certification training companion tool. It helps you gain knowledge and prepare for your CompTIA exam.
- Featuring question-first design, real-time learning analytics, and content refreshers, CertMaster Practice helps reinforce and test what you know and close knowledge gaps.